DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Wednesday, October 19, 2011

We Have Windows!!!

Hi All,
Thought I would give you an update on the addition progress. Yes, we have windows, and yes, I am excited about this!!!
I love my little attic window... It will be completed with shutters that match the main house.
Speaking of shutters, I changed the color of blue. I am usually a quick decider and stick with it, but the blue was just too saturated, so this is the new color that stays :)

Now, come on in and look around...
This will be the way to enter the house, as always through the original kitchen door to the right. Garage entry to the left and there is my new picture window looking into the den...
We are inside the den now. These are the windows looking into the backyard. They will have crosses and tees, window seat underneath and bookcases on each side...
Still in the den on the north wall. This door leads to the patio. I added the teensy window. It opens, too!
Looking to the west, through the picture window. I will have leather recliners flanking the window...
Here is the apartment behind the garage...
I was going to have the ceiling on the porch painted white, but decided on stain. I love the way it turned out...

Sorry for my car in front. Trying to keep it out of the dust, from no grass around the site. Here is the way it is looking...

Hope you all have a great weekend. Mr. Tennis and I are off to see Tim Conway tonight. I loved him on Carol Burnett.
p.s. Roofing comes Monday. Stay tuned...

I am linking with...

22 comments:

  1. Robin...Everything looks fabulous. What a fun project. Enjoy the show tonight. xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That addition is looking nice. I love how it flows with your existing house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fall header shot. Your house is just so cute. How exciting the progress on our addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, Robin!!!! You are going to be so thrilled when it's done!!

    I LOVE Tim Conway...I bet this will be a fun show!! Have a ball! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all that's happening in your wonderful life! Love the FALL look of your blog too.
    Good for you - getting to see Tim Conway!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking so good, Robin - a very seamless addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robin,

    I have always loved Cape Cod style houses, and yours is truly charming. Your new additions/renovations are looking great, and I'm sure you'll enjoy them thoroughly. Thanks for sharing and Happy Seasonal Sunday!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao cara che bella emozione fare i lavori in casa!!
    Aspettiamo le altre foto!!
    Buon lavoro!!
    Baci!!
    Sabry!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is looking so great, Robin. Your new addition is going to look like it has been there always. Perfect.
    And, we've always loved Tim Conway. The Carol Burnet show will always be our favorite.
    xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like those blue shutters.

    Happy Blue Monday to you, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow the great addition is huge! ^_^Happy Monday!

    Farmers Market Galore

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is looking awesome. It's so exciting to be doing such a renovation. Can't wait to see the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful!

    Please come and peek at my blue when you get a chance. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! So happy that you chose to join Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. a window seat flanked by bookcases...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow it's nice to see the progress. It will be wonderful when it is all done. I bet you can't wait to start decorating, I like the color blue for your shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, I got lost in your posts..I didn't comment as I know few go back and read past comments...so I will just say this...Your dining room floor is fantastic...just plain fantastic. I wanted hardwood again but apparently the floors in this old house were too uneven and would have lifted... :( So..we have carpet and tile.

    The stained ceiling (what a job that must have been!) is gorgeous!
    Great call. I love it all. I SHALL RETURN...hmmmm now who said that! McCarther? (sp? Oh, who knows ...someone in our American past..but I shall. I shall return!
    Hugs..and have a nice, blissful day!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your addition blends so well with your existing house. I know you're going to love the new space.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Robin, This is going to be a fabulous new space. I know you are excited to see it finished and start decorating. Thank you for sharing the progress at the Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful house you have, and the addition is going to be wonderful! Looking forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your new addition is going to be fabulous and it goes so well with the original cottage. Great job! Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Tim Conway is one of my absolute favorites too... ":o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your home project is beautiful! Wow, it must have taken you so much time in there, but what a great job you did. Can't wait to see the finishing touches of the place.

    philippine real estate

    ReplyDelete