DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Friday, March 9, 2012

The Plaza

Hi All,
Thanks for all you good wishes for my Dad. He has his last therapy appointment next Wed, and then he should be released. 7 weeks of therapy for a double knee replacement. They projected 10-12 weeks, so he has done great!
I love NYC and my favorite place to visit while there is the historic Plaza Hotel. Here is a shot of Marlo Thomas on the famous steps. I love "That Girl" so thought I would share this pic with you!
This is a shot of the The Plaza I took last June when hubby and I were there for his business. The hotel was built in 1909 for a cost of 12Mil. ALOT of money back then and now!
Here is hubby and me at The Plaza for breakfast in Palm Court...

Me on those famous steps. Lots of movies shot here. Kings, Queens, movie stars and many others have climbed these steps...
Palm Court...
The Oak Bar. We took my parent's here in 2001, while we were there for the US Open tennis tournament. The tapestery on the back wall is wonderful. We sat in the booth right underneath it. Jackie Kennedy loved to lunch here.
The Lobby...
At Christmastime...
Located at 5th Ave and Central Park. What a beautiful shot of this historic hotel. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead!

P.S. I am getting VERY close to 350 followers. I am going to have a little giveaway when I hit that number, so tell you friends!!!
Linking with...

16 comments:

  1. Oh so glad your dad is doing so well. Fantastic news. Love the pics of the hotel. I havn't been there, but would love to. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see it in person! Hard to believe all the places I have been to in the world and never have been to NYC!
    Congrats on getting close to 350!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a trip to New York. I have never seen it now or when it was older New York. Nice to hear your dad is better. I have several friends that have had knee surgery and it is not an easy operation. The therapy can be worse than the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your dad is making such a great recovery...I know this makes you so happy!

    I have some old pictures of the Plaza from my one and only visit to NYC many years ago. I love how it sits so majestically on that corner and it has great views of Central Park! Thanks for the memories!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love the Plaza in NYC! And I was a huge fan of "That Girl"! Great post and looking forward to your giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did you have for breakfast? How did it taste? Just curious - wonder what Jackie's fav lunch was... Thanks for the field trip - it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your dad is doing well. Your Cape Cod is absolutely adorable and I love your fence (was looking at your pics on the sidebar).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news about your precious Dad. What a delightful trip you had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your trip to NYC with all of us at Potpourri Friday! Your participation is apppreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So tickled that your daddy has done so well. Hooray for him...:)

    Beautiful hotel that I would LOVE to see in person someday.
    xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin, I love going to NYC and the Plaza. I've never stayed there, but have walked around inside. It's beautiful. Thanks for this charming post. I'm helping you move your numbers up. Just signed on as a follower. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Plaza is the best!!! Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your post ! Thanks for sharing. I had 250 followers and lost my last week had to start over .Come and follow me back Joann

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never been to NYC. So, I loved seeing your pictures..

    Glad to hear that your dad is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad your Dad is doing well -- and he should get better as time passes.

    Love the pictures of the hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy to hear your Dad is coming along. I love the Plaza, such a magical place. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete