DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Thursday, September 11, 2014

Something New in the Kitchen!

Hi All,
We woke up to cool temps this morning, in Illinois.  I love it!  I have had my carpenters here for over a week, doing this and that.  There is always something to maintain in an older home.  I think that is part of the fun of keep a home authentic, tho.
You all know how I love my olden Flair, but I have had that for a few years now...

My wooden cabinets are all original.  How I love the idea of that!  My carpenter added the tile counter top several years back...

Here is the new part!  We added bead board all around the kitchen and painted it white.  I had it behind the stove, but had it added around the rest of the kitchen.

My coffee station...

I love how it looks next to Granny's Hoosier.  I am going to paint it a soft yellow with milk paint, soon!

Looking in from the den.  I am going to soften up the wall behind the stove, as well with a softer yellow...
Love how it all turned out!

Linking with...

Home Sweet Home
Share Your Cup
Show and Tell
Blog Hop
Amaze Me Mon
Mod Mix Mon
Inspire Me Tues
Fall Into Fall
Wow Us Wed
What's It Wed
Home and Garden
DIY Linky
Amaze Me Mon
Make It Mon
Mod Mix Mon
Inspire Me Tueshttp://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/09/235th-inspire-me-tuesday.html
The Scoop
Tweek It Tues
Sundays Best
Masterpiece Mon

20 comments:

  1. Oh, Robin!!! It looks wonderful!! I love seeing your home! Warm and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! You would love our weather today, 60 and overcast with a light breeze!

      Delete
  2. Love it, I have been wanting to do that on one wall in the kitchen and bathroom at 1515.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. My wallpaper had been up for 15 years. Needed a little update! I am on the Christmas walk this year, so doing a little sprucing up!

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love your oldish kitchen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - your already super cute kitchen just got "super cuter!" Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin, you won the Decor Steals giveaway!! Please email me at kimnichols45@hotmail.com.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is so cozy! Absolutely loving it!
    xx
    Mila
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bead board is always a great addition . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beadboard looks wonderful! Super homey and cozy now! Thanks for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robin, I love breadboard and it looks wonderful in your cute kitchen. Gives it such a quaint feel. If it were up to me I'd have it in every room. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, meant bead board, but the computer corrected it for me. Ha-ha!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little kitchen. It's quirky shape and old-fashioned appliances (along with Grannie's Hoosier!) make it so special. So many times I see people gut the serviceable kitchens they have to make great, as in palatial, big rooms devoid of coziness and character. (Who needs that much??!) Hurrah for your little "oddity". May I find a home with something as quaint as your kitchen! This is my first time here, so I will have to look around some more real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love seeing your kitchen and I love the addition of the beadboard. I wish I could have a carpenter come in and do some things around here. You are right....there is always something with these older homes...but I find joy in it. We are caring for an antique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...and of course I adore your original cabinets. I so wish my little cottage still had it's original ones. The houses in my neighborhood that still have their's I am so jealous of. And I get soooo upset when people tear them out and put in modern ones. So wish I had had an original one to care for instead of destroy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great space! It all looks so cozy and inviting. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, your kitchen looks wonderful and so very cozy and charming in all it's lovely Fall-ishness!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love beadboard - your kitchen looks awesome! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think breadboard is such a great look in so many styles and spaces, and it looks perfect in your home!

    ReplyDelete