DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Monday, July 20, 2015

Favorite Things

Hi All,
Do you ever walk through your home, and as you pass by an item or photo, get a warm, fuzzy feeling?  I do, all the time.  We have lived in the same house for many years, since 1985, to be exact.  It is a part of me, and always will be.  
I thought I might do a series of Favorite Things, once in a while.  Hope you enjoy!
An olden lamp, bought at an estate sale of a dear lady I knew...

The old newel post, built for the house in 1939.  I wonder how many times my hands have touched it?

Me and my Dad, Grant Park, Chicago 1980.  A treasure, the picture and him.

I love transferware.  Pieces I have picked up, here and there, perched on a vintage Early American shelf.

Linking with...

Amaze Me Mon
Make It Pretty
Inspire Me Tues
The Scoop
Wow Us Wed
Vintage Inspiration
Home and Garden
Share Your Cup
Share Your Style
Anything Blue

18 comments:

  1. I love your favorite things! Looking forward to seeing more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you know me and you know that I do exactly the same thing! Our homes are so important to us. We love the memories and the vintage. We are not trendy girls, but very sentimental ones!

    Love,
    Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we must love the things around us, or we don't have them, Susan.

      Delete
  3. I forgot to add ~ crazy about that cute little lamp too!

    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me think of the gracious lady who owned it, every time I pass it:)

      Delete
  4. Count me in too, sisters :^) I have so many things that once belonged to other family members, and I use them all the time...it gives such a feeling of home. I had to laugh at the newel post comment....we have a tall wooden footboard on our bed...just the other day I wondered how many times had I run my hand along it as I go from one side of the room to the other?.... oh my....
    Have a good week and be blessed,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all your treasures....Have a great week...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I found another transferware lover

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get the same feelings each time I walk through my house. I have furniture and décor items from the 80's and my farmhouse and I just love looking at them everyday still. I don't understand when people redecorate every other year. I want to keep my treasures for life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin, I get that same feeling! Love your favorite things. The newel post has been caressed more times than you could count I'm sure. Love transferware as well! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your transferware! Thanks for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's bash. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-145.html Sorry I'm late letting you know. We've been away for a couple of days at the beach and I'm trying to get caught up. Hope to see you again at the party. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great reminder to walk through our own homes and treasure what we have.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin! The Weekly Feature Series is live, where you are one of the features. Here's the link so you can check it out. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/08/weekly-feature-series.html Have a wonderful Sunday! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete