DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Thursday, June 10, 2010

Famous Couples Friday

Good Evening All,
Here is this week's famous couple, Steve and Neile McQueen. They met in the 50's and were married before he acheived stardom. She was a dancer and they met while both living in Greenwich Village, NYC. They were married for around 20 yrs., then he met Ali McGraw on the set of "The Getaway" ca 1972, and the rest is history.
Steve and Neile had 2 children Terry and Chad. Terry is deceased and Chad is a dark-haired version of his Dad.
Neile was the "glue" that held them together. She was a great gal and still living. I have several letters from her. I love their "mod" clothes...
I believe this is from a spread in either Life or Look magazine from the '60's


And this one is just because! :)



4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that there was anyone before Ali - just goes to show what you can learn from blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin!! Steve McQueen and Neile. I have heard about her. Too bad Ali broke up their marriage. Ali was married to an international banker at one point. I think he worked for Chase Manhattan Bank and they lived in Athens for a while. Have you ever watched the old Alfred Hitchcock shows? They were on Nick at Night about 10 years ago. I remember seeing Neile Adams in one of the episodes. Too bad Steve McQueen died so young and that his son is gone now too. I love Famous Couples Friday. Can't wait for the next one!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you knew Neile? How amazing! They were a very good looking couple!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brings back memories. I always liked Steve as an actor but I knew Ali would a huge mistake.. Neile understood his soul and thats where he should have stayed..

    Thanks for the memories
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete