DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Friday, October 29, 2010

Famous TV Cops Friday

I know, changing again. I felt like I needed to post on the passing of James MacArthur, who played the original Danny Williams in Hawaii Five-O from the late Sixties and Seventies. I first saw him in Spencer's Mountain with Henry Fonda. He played "Clayboy." I was a preteen and fell inlove with that character. James was the adopted son of the movie and stage star, Helen Hayes. Didn't you love the opening song???
Danno, himself...

The big guy, Steve McGarrett, played by Jack Lord. He was cool!


Didn't you love the way Steve had that big black Mercury car and talked on that car radio. He had the best suits! lol
Anyway, we all loved it when Steve said, "bookem' Danno" at the end of the show. Rest In Peace, Danno...



6 comments:

  1. Awesome post Robin. I miss James MacArthur already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My try out for 6th grade pom pom was to the theme from Hawaii 5 O.! Made it on the squad. I still have my pom pom's.......let me go practice! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice memory and remembrance of a fine actor. I remember Clayboy and of course, Hawaii 5 0. I did a cheer routine to that song, too. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you for this posting....I had not heard about his passing. I LOVED Hawaii Five-0!! We have been to Hawaii a few times over the years and always drove by the hotel they used for the scene of MacGarret standing on the balcony! The old show was the BEST (of course!) but I am enjoying the new one as well! They still have 'Book him Danno!!' in every episode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know he had died. I always liked him, too.
    Jack Lord and his hair that always hung JUST RIGHT over his brow...I read that, if it didn't lay just like he wanted, the crew was held up while he went back to his dressing trailer and "fixed" his hair. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That was a real flashback to the past. That was one of my favorite shows...way back when. ;) Very nice tribute!

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete