DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Thursday, February 9, 2012

The 1920's

Hi All,
I MISS you! The good news is that my Dad is doing great, three weeks out of double knee replacement. We go 3x a week to physical therapy and he is walking great! I have a day off, so I am going for a massage and then taking my Mother for hair color in our little hometown, so I am not traveling anywhere today, yay!
This is just a fun post about my favorite era, the 1920's and some fun fashion photos. Here is Louise Brooks. She had such an interesting look. Dark haired and beautiful...
The cloche hat. I love them...
And the beautiful headscarves. Wowza!
The men were all so nattily dressed in their suits...
Probably my love for Mary Jane pumps comes from the 20's. Ahhh, to have a cup of coffee at an outdoor cafe in the 20's. How cool!

12 comments:

  1. So glad your Dad is doing great!
    Love the 20's pic..I have some of my Grandma in Detroit in the 1920's
    with hats like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news on your dad! That is great, what a hard surgery!! I love the 20's....always seems to be a little mystery to it!! Happy VTT....enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy about your dad, Robin. Fantastic news!

    The 20's were a great time. I love those cloche hats, too. Not sure who Louise Brooks was, but she was so stylish! Love these posts!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny that just today, you did a post about the 1920's. Today was my mom's birthday, she was born in 1923. Too young to really participate in the "Roaring 20's" but her much older sisters did, although they were not flappers :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born in the late twenties, but was too young to remember some of the things from that time. However, I have seen things similar to what you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great old photos, Robin! Glad to hear your father is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Robin....first, I love your new blog look. Really pretty.

    I also love it when you do a post like this. I am not knowing who she was, but she sure was pretty.

    My mom was born in 1917 so she was a tad young thru the 20's...but they still dressed flapper-style in the 30's and I have a photo of her, looking all cute and flapper-ry. :))
    My daddy wore these suits and the hats....*sigh....times were sooo different back then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOPS, I meant to add that I am so tickled your daddy is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you Dad is better! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a classy post (that is what I love about the 20's...they were just classy back then!) What a lovely blog, I want to explore more and peak at more photos of your cute house! Glad your Dad is doing great (wow double knee replacement!) Taking care of our parents is not an easy task, you deserve a massage girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good news on the health front.
    I know what you mean about the shoes in that photo. Too cute. A glamourous time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I love the 20's too, one of my fave decades of style and design. thanks so much for sharing the inspiration at VIF!!

    ReplyDelete