DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gentleman Jimmy Stewart

Today I am linking up with Chari and Sunday Favorites, where you can repost a favorite post from the past. I thought I would share with you my Jimmy Stewart story, again. Happy Sunday!


I am a big fan of "old Hollywood" and California at the start of the motion picture industry. I decided I would write Jimmy Stewart one year and express my sentiments about his movie, "It's a Wonderful Life." I wanted to let him know how inspirational I thought it was. I had no idea he would send a card back to me. From then on, I would send him a Christmas and birthday card until his death. He was such a wonderful man and American. He would always take the time to send a card back, and sometimes talk about his garden that he planted and maintaned in Beverly Hills. Here is one of the cards he sent back to me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, how great that a movie star like him would take the time to even acknowledge you. I saw him in person when I was sixteen at Disney World. It was the first year they opened and he was playing in the Pro Am golf tournament and he was coming off the monorail when we were getting on. I was a huge fan of his so I recognized him right away. That made my day seeing him in person. I was star struck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH, Robin...this is so so cool. What a wonderful thing for you to send him cards and then to receive word back from him. I am so impressed...with BOTH of you!! :)
    I, too, have always been so star struck..never have collected anything associated with any of them, tho. Wish I had!! Oh, I do have an autographed photo of John Wayne but...he wasn't a favorite of mine at all. Now hubby, on the other hand, always thought the sun rose in Mr. Wayne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! That is one of my favourite films, I bought a copy and popped in my 18 year old daughter's christmas stocking last year just to remind her of the important things in life, I love it! I stumbled across your blog from daisy cottage and loved reading itx I am new to the blogging world and have felt so inspired by the blogs that I have read so far. Please feel free to visit me at www.sittingohsopretty.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...so exciting!!! So sweet of him to send cards back! Sometimes we maybe forget that they're just normal people like us. I am sure he appreciated to hear from you!

    So good to hear that you have been in Paris! It's a wonderful city, isn't it? We took our children for 3 days last April and it was an experience for life!! Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete