DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Old Hollywood-The Gables


Good Morning All,

Some of you know I am an old Hollywood buff and have collected on Carole Lombard for 30+ years. I am a day late, but yesterday was the 71st anniversary of her wedding to Clark Gable. They drove all night to Kingman, AZ from LA, Gable was on a short break from the making of "Gone With The Wind." They were married in Kingman, spent the night, then drove back to LA to meet the reporters. Here is a picture from that day. Their wedding date was March 29, 1939.

Hope you all have a great day!

Robin

5 comments:

  1. oH, my....I didn't realize they married while he was filming GWTW. If I had been him, I probably would have fallen in love with Vivian Leigh...LOL...
    Didn't Carol die in a plane crash?
    And, have you ever posted any of the collection you have of her?
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    I love the movie Gone with the wind. They sure don't make movies like that anymore. I love your bunny's they are just adorable. I am so looking forward to seeing move photo's for your cape cod home its so charming.
    Have a good day Robin, we are having rain right now, I don't mind at all since I am already at work, so it can rain all day if it wants too. LOL
    Big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,
    I have a single daughter! LOL:)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old Hollywood. The stars were sooo much classier then!
    Have a great day1
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the classic movies. They sure do not make movies like that anymore. Even my kids like to watch the old movies with me. They especially like Cary Grant and love to watch Arsenic and Old Lace. They love his antics. Actors and actors today cannot hold a candle to the prior generations.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete