DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Little Update...

Hi All,
Things have been alittle busy around here. My Dad had some spots taken off of his head in April and they had not been healing from the inside/out. We are now on the third doctor. His head has been wrapped up in a gause turban since July. For the first time we saw progress last week. We are now going on Tuesdays to St. Johns hospital in Springfield, IL(3 hrs away) They are wonderful there and some healing has taken place on his head. It has been a long road for him. He is 80 and unusually active and healthy. It has been so hard for him, as he has been fighting alittle vertigo, as well. He has not played tennis since last spring. Hopefully, we can get him back on the tennis court soon. With work and all this( my Mother has macular degeneration and has had 2 stokes in the last couple of years) I have been lagging alittle in blogland. I am an only child. My dear friend Linda over at Linda's Life Journal was worried about me. She is the sweetest gal and what a artisit! Please go over and visit her when you have time. I check on all of you every morning and I love you and our visits! I will be posting more as soon as things slow down abit. Theodore says, "Mom, did you eat all the mini-wheats???"

12 comments:

  1. Healing thoughts for your Dad.. Take your time Sweetie and do what you need to. We'll be right here cheering you on and happy to see you when you get back to blogging...

    Happy Fall
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry to hear your dad is having so many problems. I will remember him and our mom in prayer. Check in when you can, and take care of yourself too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your dad Robin. Me and Stephanie will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry to hear of your fathers and your mothers illnesses. Take care and I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for your mom and dad. Love and Prayers for YOU for strength and the energy to do all you are doing.

    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"-Philippians 4:13

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your parents' troubles, Robin. It's wonderful that you are near enough to them to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your parents and I know it must be hard taking care of them. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin,
    I was wondering about you? Please tell your Dad I said hi and I am sending out my thoughts and prayers.
    Take care of yourself too......taking care of others can be very tiring. Good luck in Springfield...if not we have a great wound clinic here.

    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robin! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad and Mom! It's so hard when they get older.
    Take all the time you need.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessing you are to your parents and what a priveledge to be able to care for them. I will keep them in prayer as your dad heals. You have been missed but it is understandable. Blessings sweet lady, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin, sorry that things are a little tough right now. Hang in there. You are a wonderful daughter and such a blessing to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry to hear about your parents...I know it is hard...I will keep your family in my prayers... XO

    ReplyDelete