DECORATING TENNIS GIRL



I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!! COME ON IN AND VISIT FOR A BIT...

I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I read every one of your sweet comments. Come back and visit soon!

I hope you enjoy seeing photos of the Cape house, as much as I do living here :)





Friday, October 22, 2010

Famous "Gal Pals" Friday!

Yip, Tennis Girl is changing it up again from Famous Couples Friday. Mr Tennis always says, "Don't walk in Robin's house in the dark, cuzzzzzz you never know where the funiture will be moved to!" Growing up in my small home town, every Saturday, I went with my best childhood friend to the local drug store, where they also had a lunch counter and a few booths. We would eat cheeseburgers, bbq chips, cokes, Reeses Peanut Butter cups. Enid, the owner was a wonderful cook! We always looked for the newest Archie comic books. My favorites were Betty and Veronica, Pep and Laugh, all in the Archie series. I still pull them out and ready them. They are wonderful and definitely illustrate the sign of the times. Most of mine were bought in the late 60's and early 70's, so I have posted comics from that era. How fitting for tennis girl to post!
Of course, Betty and Veronica were always battling over the attentions of Archie...

I loved to see what fashions they came up with for the girls!
Hope you all have a great weekend!


10 comments:

  1. This is a fun post..I grew up reading comic books, too. I think I saved a few, tucked in my vintage cedar chest, pushed to the back of my walk in closet. Gotta go dig them out and see what they are.:))
    Have a really fun weekend...
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robin! This one hits close to home! I must confess I am not the Archie fan at my house though. It's my husband and my daughter. Oh my gosh! I find stray Archie's Double Digests all over the house. Although I am not a big fan, I love that my husband and daughter have bonded over this. What a fun post and I'm going to have the rest of my family read this one. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's just one more of so many things we have in common! I remember those Saturday afternoon trips to the drug store too. My favorites were BLT's or french fries and a coke. My girl friends and I always read Archie, Betty and Veronica Comics. You brought back some very happy memories today!!!

    Lots of love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do remember those comics too. They were so fun to read and yes, we went to the soda fountain too. Loved the hot dogs and the chocolate shakes. Fun memories. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, fun, fun. We loved Woolworth's in downtown Joliet. I remember the grilled cheese and chips and milkshakes. And I loved the Archie comic books...very affordable at that age {after we looked at all the make up we weren't allowed to wear!}. Great post, Robin and I wanted to say I love the new picture of the Cape Cod in the fall!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Robin. I'm a comic book collector and also read several of the Archie books while growing up. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robin,

    Well I have to add my comments about your fabulous Fall photo of your adorable cottage on your blog banner - love - love it.

    What a fun post on the Archie comic books - I remember them very fondly. Thank you for taking us down memory lane.
    Blessings,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha!!!! I remember a couple of Satuday's up at Dikis Drugstore with you and we all fought for the "last" newest issue of the Archie series' on the stand. We all got upset when they raised the price of comic books to 12 cents!!!!!! Those were the days, weren't they??? *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Kath, those were the days, for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this. I grew up reading these whenever we spent time at my Uncle's Beach cottage. We would often be there on weekends and my bro and I would walk over to the little store that served as a part grocer, part fun stuff store for the area. I would always buy some of these comics!

    ReplyDelete